The 2019 selection focusses on the theme of social justice, prizes will be awarded in three categories: fiction, documentary and first feature film on May 23rd.
The Festival du Cinéma Positif (May 16 to 23, 2019) highlights a positively engaged cinema that changes our view on future challenges. The screenings are scheduled in theaters and on an open-air venue during the Cannes festival.
The 2019 selection comprises 13 fiction films, 10 documentaries and 12 first feature films
Nominees for the Cinéma Positif Award 2019
- De chaque instant by Nicolas Philibert (France)
- El Silencio de los otros by Robert Bahar & Almudena Carracedo (US, Spain)
- FREE LUNCH SOCIETY (Jour de paye ! vers un revenu universel), de Christian Tod (Austria, Germany)
- Libre by Michel Toesca (France)
- Lindy Lou, jurée n°2 by Florent Vassault (France)
- RBG by Betsy West & Julie Cohen (USA)
- Social Business by Amirul Arham (France, Bangladesh)
- The State against Nelson Mandela and the others (Le procès contre Mandela et les autres) by Nicolas Champeaux & Gilles Porte (France)
- Un village dans le vent by Jean-Louis Gonterre (France)
- Viaje a los Pueblos Fumigados (Le grain et livraie) by Fernando E. Solanas (Argentine)