The ten contenders for the European Parliaments LUX prize 2014 have been announced: Sudabeh Mortezais MACONDO
has been selected among highly acclaimed works by Alice Rohrwacher, Kornél Mundruczó, Céline Sciamma, Dietrich Brüggemann.
A shortlist of three films will be unveiled during the 71st Mostra del Cinema in Venice. The winner of the LUX prize 2014
will be announced in December following the vote of the Members of the European Parliament.
The Official Selection of the European Parliament LUX Prize 2014
- GIRLHOOD by Céline Sciamma (France)
- WHITE GOD by Kornél Mundruczó (Hungary, Germany, Sweden)
- BEAUTIFUL YOUTH by Jaime Rosales (Spain)
- IDA by Pawel Pawlikowski (Poland)
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS by Dietrich Brüggemann (Germany)
- THE WONDERS by Alice Rohrwacher (Italy, Switzerland, Germany)
- MACONDO by Sudabeh Mortezai (Austria)
- CLASS ENEMY by Rok Biček (Slovenia)
- TURIST by Ruben Östlund (Sweden, France)
- XENIA by Panos H. Koutras (Greece, France, Belgium)